Defender CD8110 is a professional quality, sealed lithium battery powered commercial carbon monoxide detector. The two lithium batteries are non-removable, and warranted to power the detector for five years. Quick, easy and secure mounting system. Complies with OSHA PEL and NFPA 720. UL Listed to ANSI/UL 2075.
Protect Your Workers
All workplaces, including offices, banks, schools, restaurants, etc. should install Defender Commercial CO Detectors to help protect employees, customers and guests from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Non-Removable Lifetime Batteries
Defender's two 10-year lithium batteries are factory preinstalled, sealed with soldered connections, and non-removable.
The Defender CD8110 is secured with a screw through the detector into its mounting plate to help deter unwanted removal.
Complies with OSHA PEL
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has jurisdiction over all private sector workplaces, and the permissible exposure limit (PEL) for CO is 50 ppm over an 8 hour time weighted average (TWA). The Defender CD8110 is programmed to automatically activate audible and visual alarm signals at or below 50 ppm when detected for 2-6 hours TWA.
Underwriters Laboratories Tested and Listed
The Defender CD8110 Commercial CO Detector is Underwriters Laboratories tested and listed to the latest ANSI/UL 2075 standard, and complies with NFPA 720 and UL 2034 sensitivity limits.
- Sealed Lithium Battery Powered Commercial CO Detector
- Two Non-Removable Lithium Batteries with Soldered Connections
- Automatic and Manual Battery Activation
- Accurate and Reliable Water-Based Electrochemical Sensor
- Integrated Filter for Removing Nuisance Gases
- Samples for Carbon Monoxide (CO) Every 10 Seconds
- Separate Alarm, Power and Service LED’s
- Audible and Visual Alarm Signals
- Instant Test/Reset/Mute Feature
- Internal Microprocessor Monitors Sensor Function
- Auto. Alert when Alarm Reaches End of its Life
- Operating Temperature and Humidity: 40°F to 100°F at 10% to 95% RH
- Durable Flame Retardant ABS Construction
- Five Year Factory Warranty for Detector and Batteries
- Manufactured in Canada
- OSHA PEL Compliance: Alarm activated at or below 50 ppm when detected for 2-6 hours TWA
- UL 2034 Compliance: Alarm activated when 70 ppm detected for 1-4 hours TWA
- Acute CO Levels: Alarm activated when 400 ppm detected for 4-15 minutes TWA
- Audible 85dB Pulsating Alarm Signal at 10': Four beeps every 6 seconds
- Visual Alarm Signal: Flashing red alarm LED
- Low Battery Signals: One beep per minute, flashing green power LED
- Malfunction Signals: Two beeps per minute, flashing red service LED
- Sensor End-of-Life Signals after Five Years: One beep per minute, flashing red service LED
- Two Factory Sealed 10-Year Lithium Batteries are Non-Removable
- Automatic Battery Activation when Alarm is Attached to Mounting Plate
- Integral Restraint Secures Alarm with Phillips Screw through Alarm Body into Mounting Plate
Testing and Standards
- 100% Tested: Every Defender CD8110 is 100% tested at four different levels of carbon monoxide during production.
- UL Listed: Underwriters Laboratories Tested and Listed to latest ANSI/UL 2075 Standard. See UL File No. FTAM.E495778.
- Complies with OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL): The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has jurisdiction over all private sector workplaces. The OSHA PEL for carbon monoxide in the workplace is 50 ppm over an 8 hour time weighted average (TWA).
- Complies with UL 2034 Sensitivity Limits: The UL 2034 Standard for Residential Single and Multiple Station Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms requires an alarm signal at or below 70 PPM within 60-240 minutes TWA, and does not permit an alarm signal below 30 ppm for 30 days.
- NFPA Compliant: Complies with NFPA 720-2015 Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection and Warning Equipment.
The Defender CD8110 is not designed for use in vehicles or unconditioned spaces, and does not comply with ACGIH, Cal/OSHA or NIOSH, which recommend lower exposure limits than OSHA. Consult with your local authority about the exposure limits permitted for your workplace.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since you received purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.